This morning we had so many different things happening! From one corner of the room we heard many various instruments, both invented and real, making some cacophonous music. In another corner there were lego buildings being created. Water and bubbles were causing giggles. Everyone is hard at work learning and growing meaningful relationships with one another!
We hope to see you this evening at WMP Gazebo from 4-6.
Books & Songs
- We read: Green, Polar Bear Polar Bear What Do You Hear?, and Have You Seen My Dragon?
- We sang some new songs today after Good Morning & Days of the Week
- Wind Song (to the tune of London Bridge is Falling Down): Wind can be a gentle breeze, gentle breeze, gentle breeze, Wind can be a gentle breeze, In the Summer . . .it has three more verses about different seasons.
- Little Baby (Also to the tune of London Bridge is Falling Down): Little baby go to sleep, Go to sleep, Go to sleep, Little baby, Go to sleep, In my arms.
- Teddy Bear Shakers (To the tune of Twinkle Twinkle) Teddy bears, teddy bears; Like to sit in teddy chairs. Then they like to run run run, run run run run run run run then sit down. Then sit down.
Art & Sensory
- Drawing on orange and green circles attached to black paper
- Painting at the easel
- Water play with "bubble bath" and little people and cats
- Costumes: Kedar, Joseph and Zara worked on their monkeys and bananas today
- Ribbons! Getting tangled up in the ribbons as we choose special colors for our bears.
- More names have been decided today! Here are some of the choices your children have made:
- Zara: Revi, a boy bear
- Samuel: Daddy Bear, a boy
- Joseph: Yellow, a boy
Math & Manipulatives
- Lego building
- Train tracks
- Counting people in the water play
- Block building with animals
French with Florence
- This morning Florence read a story that meant "How I feel today." We went through many different emotions and ways that we can feel. Some of us still feel pretty nervous when Florence comes in, this new part of our routine is throwing us off just a bit!
- We did lots of busy active play in the gym today. There was running, going down the slide, hiding in tents, crawling through tunnels- and a lot of moments where friends were actively trying to play with one another and seeing out peers to engage with! We love how close everyone is becoming.
Sorry for the lack of photos today- our internet is being a bit difficult- however, you can find all of the photos in our Flickr album. :)