Each of the students had some time to work on a self-portrait today one-on-one with an instructor. Many schools that practice Reggio will work on self-portraits. The experience is one that can capture the way a child sees herself in the world. While toddlers are still grasping many of the concepts cognitively that allow for the creation of a self-portrait, the experience can still show how different each child is. It seems that each drawing has a very different feel, style, and approach!
- Circle Time- Greetings and names
- Gym- Play with small colorful lights
- Art/ Sensory- cutting play-dough, working with pen, paper, mirror for portraits
- Imaginary play- walking in adult shoes, filling bags
- Specialist- French with Flo - She spoke to us in French while we ate snack and then we sang a few songs
- Reading- "school Bus," "Bus Stops," "Clive and His Hats," "Clive and His Bags"
- Math/Science- building with legos and train tracks