Great learning happens when we are personally invested in a subject - our names can help create this investment. As part of literacy week we have created an opportunity to look at the meaningful letters in our names! Each child's name has be hung around the classroom with a small picture of his or her face next to his or her name. We hope to help everyone gain some awareness of the shapes each name is made of and to build some curiosity about the letters they see all around them!
- Circle Time- Welcome! Can You Catch My Ball?
- Gym- free play
- Specialist- none
- Art/ Sensory- painting the first letter of our name
- Imaginary Play- tending to our baby's boo-boos (with band-aids)
- Reading- "Maxi the Taxi," "Fireman Small," "There Was an Old Woman Who Lived in a Shoe," "Night Animals"
- Math/Science- building with large hallow blocks