As an extension of our imaginary play with dress-up clothes, boxes, phones and bags, we've brought some adult shoes into the classroom to play with. A funny benefit has surfaced in relation to this experience: the large shoes alter the children's gross motor abilities. It is a lot of fun to watch the children as they explore a "different" kind of mobility in these huge shoes!
- Circle Time- Greetings and names
- Gym- free play
- Art/ Sensory- exploring play-dough, squeezing and mixing paint with shaving cream
- Imaginary play- exploring boxes, walking in adult shoes
- Specialist- none
- Reading- "Kuffle Bunny," "Mouse Shapes," "My Friends," "The Feelings Book"
- Math/Science- building with legos and train tracks