We brought some boxes into the classroom. Sometimes a box can be a quiet space to retreat to. Sometimes a box can be a spot to play peek-a-boo. Sometimes a box can be a house or car. What seemed particularly interesting in the play that occured were the moments where the children were connecting with one another.
- Circle Time- Greetings and names on a bus!
- Gym- dancing (and jumping) to "Move It, Move It"
- Art/Sensory play- painting with rollers
- Imaginary play- exploring boxes
- Specialist- none
- Reading- "Hug Machine," "Nursery Rhymes," "Mouse Paint," Mouse Shapes"
- Math/Science- building with blocks, working puzzles