We spent some quality time today focusing on Self-Portraits. At this point in time we will focus on the materials used to make a drawing of ourselves (paper, pencil, mirror) and the features we want to focus on (our faces and bodies). We talked about eyes, hair, noses, and our pink tongues! We talked about how one student has "blue eyes" and "white hair", while another student has "black hair" and "black eyes". The student love to use the pen we provide for these and looking at their features in the mirror!
- Circle Time- Greetings and names, who's at school/who's at home
- Gym- free play
- Art/Sensory play- exploring self-portrait materials, cutting paper we've painted
- Specialist- none (unfortunately, Isabella was also unable to come today)
- Reading- "Hello, Snow!" "Jungle Animals," "Pete the Cat and the Missing Cupcakes"
- Math/Science- building with trains and blocks, exploring cloud-dough