The train tracks were set up under the table for the children to play with. We thought it might be fun and add some novelty to the type of play. What we didn't anticipate, by setting up the toys this way, was that it encouraged the children's gross motor skills in an interesting way. to get under the table and to navigate to different areas of the tracks, the children had to duck, and crawl, and manage their bodies in a way that would keep the toys where they had been placed! We shall have to try this again!
- Circle Time- Greetings and names
- Gym- free play
- Art/Sensory play- painting at the light table
- Specialist- French with Flo!
- Reading- "Hooray for Hat," "We're Going On a Bear Hunt"
- Math/Science- train tracks, magnet tiles, animal and light play