We talk a lot about "materials." Paint is a material. Sand, water, paper, play-dough and clay - also all materials. Anything thing that can be used as a conduit for learning, or something that can illustrate a child's understanding, can be a material. Often these materials have many, many ways in which they can be manipulated. For example play-dough can be pounded, rolled between hands, pinched, or poked. Another material we love to play with is light and shadow! We will begin to use more light and shadow play in the classroom to encourage a new venue for exploration of the world.
- Circle Time- Greetings and names
- Gym- crawling through spaces and climbing stairs
- Art/Sensory play- playing with play-dough, painting at the easel.
- Specialist- French with Flo!
- Reading- "Hooray for Hat," "We're Going On a Bear Hunt"
- Math/Science- light and shadow play