Something we've begun to explore while in the gym is playing rhythm based music for the children. Ella Jenkins is a wonderful musician and has created loads of really great music for children - her album "Adventures in Rhythm" is what we've been using to see if we can peak some interest and familiarity with this element of music. We hope to share with you all soon a few of our initial discoveries and curiosities in respect to this years school wide intent of study!
- Circle Time- Greetings and names, singing with Rhythm sticks
- Gym- free play with rhythm based music
- Art/Sensory play- exploring glue, working with play-dough
- Specialist- French with Flo
- Reading- "We're Going On a Lion Hunt," "Max Found Two Sticks," "Jazz Baby," "Hooray for Hat!"
- Math/Science- building with Legos, exploring glue