We have started to introduce the students to some elements of music - our school wide study for the year. There are lots of ways in which we'd like to work with the students in cultivating a curriculum that will encourage lots of discovery and wonder when it comes to music. To begin this conversation with music, we have started to play two contrasting pieces of music in the gym to see how the students embody the music.
- Circle Time- Greetings and names, working on emotional intelligence with, "If You're Angry and You Know It"
- Gym- listening to contrasting classical music while playing
- Art/Sensory play- working with clay, giving our baby dolls a bath
- Specialist- none
- Reading- "Happy Hippo and Angry Duck"
- Math/Science- building with blocks, magnet tiles at the light table