The children were active and focused today. Brains need a combination of novelty and repetition to build upon existing skills and it seems that we had a particularly nice combination of both these aspects in the classroom today. This is why we paint on different surfaces (like mirrors), or we'll take a little break from a material (like we did with clay).
- Circle Time- Greetings and names, singing with Rhythm sticks
- Gym- playing with light and movement
- Art/Sensory play- painting on mirrors, working with clay
- Specialist- classical music with Isabella
- Reading- "Max Found Two Sticks," "Squeak, Rumble, Whomp! Whomp! Whomp!: A Sonic Adventure," "Jazz Babies," "Music Class Today"
- Math/Science- exploring light, building with blocks