We opened our pumpkin today! The students watched as it was cut around the stem and then pulled off with seeds hanging from the top. The students were encouraged to touch the bits of pumpkin insides as much (or as little) as they wanted. Tomorrow we'll talk about the shapes we may cut in our pumpkin to make a face!
- Circle Time- Greetings and names, opening our pumpkin!
- Gym- free play
- Art/Sensory play- painting on fabric for our Halloween costumes
- Specialist- French with Flo
- Reading- "Pete the Cat and His White Shoes," "My First Halloween," "Apples and Pumpkinss"
- Math/Science- leaves, acorns, and pine cones for observation on the light table, building with magnet tiles