Today we welcomed the 1A break back to Buckle My Shoe after our spring break! All of the children did an astounding job in readjusting to their routines, playing alongside of one another, and adapting to their environment.
We continued exploring rhythm through Kodaly symbols, listened to percussion and violin music (both seemed to equally be a favorite) and listened to Aaron Copland's "Hoe Down". Watching the children explore, react to and develop an understanding of musical concepts has been thrilling - we are so very proud of them!
Additionally, we would like to apologize the lack of photos today – we had some technical difficulties with our camera, but will have lots of photos up for tomorrows blog. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to sharing tomorrow’s experiences with you all!
- Had free play in the gym
- Played with the parachute while listening to classical music
- Explored shapes and painted with triangles
- Used crayons and chalk on paper and then covered the paper with water colors (this is done to foster pre-literacy writing skills, in addition to working towards color recognition)
- Played with cars and legoes!
- Explored dramatic play and played with our baby dolls
- Played freeze dance
Today we sang...
· Running Around (We use this song for name recognition)
· Head, Knees, and Toes
· Roly Poly
· The ABC’s
Today we read…
· Humpty Dumpty
· Some Babies