Hi everyone! It was so great seeing everyone after being away for the past couple of days.
Today a few of us took a visit to the infant room (and a few more of us will take a visit tomorrow). The children have been very interested in babies for the past few months - they have been especially interested in how to take care of their babies. The children enjoy rocking them to sleep, taking them for rides on the school bus, feeding them, washing them, and singing to them. So…today was especially interesting in observing them with real life babies! Some children were eager to get close and interact with these new humans – while, some were more prone to standing back and watching the action. And some…well…some were more interested in the new toys that the infant class had to offer!
Also, a big thank you to all of our parents who donated to our classroom library for literacy week! Your donation is very, very appreciated!
And finally, at we will be holding our literacy week tea party this Friday, which will be taking place during snack time at 10:00am. We are inviting parents to bring in snacks - and if you would like to stay, please do!
· Revisited our letter project in which we painted the first initial of our names – this is a great pre-literacy exercise in working towards name recognition
· Had free play in the gym
· Played with blocks and wooden letters
· Explored playdough with letters – in providing the children with these sorts of activities it will aid them in letter recognition and they progress through their development
· Washed our babies
· Went to visit real life babies!
Today we read…
· I Like Myself
· Taxi Maxi
Today we sang…
· Running Around
· The ABC’s
· The Ants Go Marching
· Wheels on the Bus
· Twinkle, Twinkle (We sang this one to the babies!)