Hi everyone! You may have noticed within this week’s pictures that we have been playing with lots and lots of boxes! Playing in cardboard boxes is one of our new and most favorite things to do! Usually, when a toddler is confronted with a cardboard box, one of the first things they try to do is get inside. While this is always super cute, there is also a really important reason as to why they do this – they are exploring their sense of spatial awareness. During this stage of development, toddlers are spending a lot of time getting to know their bodies…and as they keep growing the question of “How big am I?” keeps changing. That’s why these little ones are constantly crawling, through, around, and over all sorts of things (even cardboard boxes)!
Also, just a friendly reminder that there will be no school tomorrow, March 3rd, for professional development. We will be posting lots of documentation about our day so that families will feel included in our explorations!
· Had a science exploration with glue and shaving cream! It was super cold, slimey, and messy! We loved it!
· We played in the sand box
· Painted our firetruck
· Explored dramatic play
· Explored sharing through cooperative play within our curriculum
· Explored movement through classical music
Today we read…
· Llama, Llama Time to Share
Today we sang…
· Running Around
· If You’re Happy and You Know It
· Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes
· Watermelon, Watermelon
· Blow a Bubble of “Shhh!”