Happy Wednesday!! We began our exploration of Rimsky Korsakov’s “Flight of the Bumble Bee” It was so exciting to watch our little explorer’s become excited and express themselves through classical music via movement and art!
· Listened to “Flight of the Bumble Bee” by Rimsky Korsakov. We explored his music kinetically by moving our bodies to the music and flying around like bumble bees.
· We then worked on a project with watercolors while listening to the same piece. As the children moved their paint brushes to the music, it was fascinating to watch them become more and more animated as the piece progressed and to watch their work unfold through Korsakov’s music.
· Explored differences in sound – we had materials made with plastic, wood, and metal set out for the children. We then had them compare and contrast the materials to find differences within the sound.
· Played with and explored the play dough we made yesterday with Janet!
· Explored dramatic play
· Played with the water table
· Explored object permanence within our curriculum
Today we sang...
· The Hello Song
· The Ants Go Marching
· We Are the Dinosaurs
· Watermelon, Watermelon
· If You’re Happy and You Know It
Today we read...
· We’re Going On a Bear Hunt (this is a great book for rhythmic exploration!)
· Chicka, Boom Boom
· Five Little Monkeys
See you tomorrow!
Bridget and Janet