Happy Friday! Today we met our classical music specialist Isabelle! We listened to Rossini’s William Tell Overture as we stomped around like elephants and tiptoed around the room like mice. It was a wonderful learningl opportunity for the children to kinetically explore music and to begin understanding theoretical concepts such as forte (loud) and piano (quiet). We are so excited about our music classes with Isabelle, and cannot wait until next week!
Also, just a friendly reminder that Buckle My Shoe will be closed on Monday October 10thfor Columbus Day, and Wednesday October 12th for Yom Kippur.
· Explored piano vs. forte
· Played with blocks
· Played with model magic and sensory items such as pompoms, shiny paper, and measuring materials
· Played in the sandbox!
· Explored dramatic play – the children especially loved playing with the baby dolls today!
· Explored object permanence within our curriculum
Today we sang…
· The Wheels on the Bus
· The ABC’s
· Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star
· Watermelon, Watermelon
Today’s Listening Highlights
· “Air” – Bach
· “Flight of the Bumble Bee” – Korsakov
· “William Tell Overture” – Rossini
Have a great long weekend!
Bridget and Janet