Happy Wednesday! Today we spent a great deal of time exploring the social emotional aspect of our curriculum – sharing, taking turns, safety, and feelings. As the children progress throughout the school year they are becoming more self aware, receptive to their peers, and are truly starting to build on friendships with one another!
Additionally, I recently came across this article on teaching boundaries and consent within early childhood, and felt inspired to share. Please read if you would like! https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/parenting/wp/2015/02/13/its-never-too-early-to-teach-children-about-consent-and-boundaries/
· Explored differences in size with big and small pumpkins
· Painted with little pumpkins
· Played in the gym
· Explored Flight of the Bumble Bee through movement by pretending we were bumble bees!
· Explored safety and sharing within our curriculum
· Explored dramatic play
· Started exploring the act of counting through naturalistic encounters within our environment – an example of this could be found in ‘Where are your eyes? How many eyes do you have? Let’s count together!”
Today we sang…
· The Hello Song
· The Ants Go Marching
· Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes
· Old Mac Donald
· The ABC’s
· Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star
Today we read…
· Apples and Pumpkins
· It’s Ok to Be different
See you tomorrow!
Bridget and Janet